What exactly is Comfort Camping?
Comfort camping, similar to glamping, is designed to satisfy your craving for the outdoors and your desire for a good meal, nice glass of wine, and a comfortable bed – like a hotel, only your room opens to a stunning Catalina Island landscape instead of a lobby!
Catalina Backcountry wants you to experience the positive aspects of camping the backcountry without the “uncomfortable” negatives. We provide a high level of service that focuses on the complete comfort of our guests and our amenities far exceed any normal campers’ experience! Better yet, there is no need for you to own expensive and heavy gear or to haul it around.
Committed to an environmentally sound outdoor experience, our comfort camping includes creature comforts so you feel pampered after a long day of hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, swimming, or just playing around.
Catalina Backcountry will treat you like royalty.
The planning is on us, the adventure is on you! We do all of the following:
- Set up tents, chairs, and tables before you arrive at your campsite.
- Prepare meals & service with these options:
- Catered 3-course meals – no camping meals out of a pouch!
- All kitchen cooking equipment for preparing gourmet meals at your site for you.
- Provide comfortable beds and bedding rather than a sleeping mat over a hard ground.
- Furnish hot water on demand in spa inspired shower room – right in your campsite!
- Bring adventures to you such as: kayaks, snorkeling equipment, mountain bikes, spa tent (massage), yoga, and even acoustic serenades by one of our talented local musicians.
Tell us what you wish for and we’ll try hard to make it come true!
Imagine ringing in the New Year under the stars in the backcountry, celebrating special moments in solitude, strengthening relationships, or simply enjoying the magnificent sunrise and sunset moments from the interior of the island.
Comfort camping is a great get together for:
- Families, friends, and couples
- Celebrations! Honeymooners, anniversaries, birthdays, bachelors/bachelorettes, milestones
- Holidays – New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Team Building, Corporate Getaways, and Employee Appreciation